Make your escape from the flat terrain of the coastal region and enjoy a refreshingly unique golf experience. Amid gently rolling hills, willowy pines and aesthetically designed lakes, our 18-hole course ranks among the finest on the coast. Elevations changes up to 75 feet and scads of bunkers place Beau Rivage among the more dramatically landscaped golf courses on the coast.
Carved out of long-needle pine forests, Beau Rivage’s 18-hole championship layout incorporates wooded hills, rolling dunes, undulating valleys and plenty of water in-play from estuaries of the neighboring Cape Fear River. Attacking the flags from the rough and pine straw can be a perilous undertaking. With countless tight doglegs and narrow bermudagrass fairways, Beau Rivage will test one’s accuracy off the tee. The Beau’s renowned putting greens, made of a genetically engineered form of bermudagrass, are known for their consistent smoothness, speed and true roll. The countless ups and downs, blind approach shots and natural hazards, combined with slick greens, Beau Rivage creates a golfing experience that offers even the avid player a challenging round.
Architect: Joe Gessner
Developer: Eddie Lewis
Date Opened: May 6, 1988
Golfing Season: Year-Round
Putting Greens: Ultradwarf tif-Eagle
Fairways/Tees: 419 Bermudagrass
Did you know?
* 2016 Best Golf Course in Wilmington (StarNews ShorePicks)
* Golf Digest’s 'Best New Honors' Award When Opened In '88
* Official Rank of 4-Stars by Golf Digest's "Best Places to Play"
* 11 Different Holes with Water In Play (CF River & Estuaries)
* Highest Elevation Above Sea Level in Wilmington (75 ft.)
* Course has never closed due to precipitation (drainage).
* Your round is never restricted to staying on the cart path!